Wednesday, August 27

Ridiculously Practical Meals: Toasted Pecan & Blueberry Quinoa Salad

Share it Please

I've been trying to find (mostly) healthy recipes that my husband will eat, preferably with a smile on his face. He loves quinoa and while I'm not wild about it, I thought I'd give a quinoa salad a go. Then the trouble came of trying to find the perfect quinoa salad. Well, I think I've found it.


Joy The Baker made this couscous salad about a year ago. I have been meaning to try it for a while now, but never seem to have all the ingredients at home. Well yesterday I realized I had quinoa at home and that this would probably taste pretty good with the couscous substituted for quinoa. I was right! Seriously, the only step I added was rinsing the quinoa. I even cooked my quinoa pretty much the same way she cooked her couscous (although following the directions on the back of the package is always a good idea). The only other change I made was eliminating the lemon zest and using lemon juice from a bottle rather than squeezing a fresh lemon. Even easier! It was good healthy and good tasty. For the recipe visit Joy The Baker here!

16 comments:

  1. Ohhh this looks so yummy! I love quinoa and I never thought to pair it with fruit! Definitely trying this!

    <3 Shannon
    upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quinoa and this I need to try great recipe thanks for sharing.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com/2014/08/hashtag-pretty-nails.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so hearty and YUM. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i saw this on instagram and immediately wanted to try it - i love quinoa, and this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I wanna try this so bad. Hope you have an amazing Friday!


    xoxo;
    WHATKENNYHEARTS.COM
    INSTAGRAM @kennydaily / BLOGLOVIN / FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh this looks delicious and it left me hungry right now! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so delicious, thank you for the link to the recipe, will give it a try! xx

    Reflection of Sanity | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried Quinoa! This looks delicious Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, Delicious

    FOLLOW MY BLOG / Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pecan nuts! Thanks for sharing! ♥

    Follow me and I will follow back as soon as I see it. :-)
    Check out my new post: http://czarinabear.blogspot.com/2014/10/beauty-victorias-secrets-body-lotion.html

    ReplyDelete

Followers