Sunday, December 1

Advent Day One

Share it Please

Today is the first day of Advent! This officially marks the beginning of the Christmas season and I could not be more excited. I absolutely adore Christmas, candles, fairy lights, ornaments... You get the picture. I especially love that this is a time of year focused on family, friends, and those your care most about. This is a time of year I think nearly everyone enjoys, but as you become an adult it tends to lose a bit of the magic it had when you were a kid. I wanted to give some of that magic back to my husband so I created an advent calendar tailored specifically for him. If you would like to make one I posted a tutorial on how I made mine here. If you are curious about the origins of the advent calendar there is a nice little history here.

December 1st: First Day of Advent

I gifted my husband Christmas Spree. Spree is a candy by the Wonka company and these are specifically 'Christmas' because they came in a candy cane shape container and only had the red and green colored ones. Spree are his favorite candy and red and green are his favorite flavors, so it works out perfectly. We went to Catching Fire, the new Hunger Games movie, today so it was great for him to snack on during the film.

Stay tuned to find out what he gets for December 2nd!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers